REGISTRATION is now closed (If you are interested to attend, please email at email@example.com).
About the Symposium
he Symposium on New Trends in Communication Engineering will have a theme of “Connected Living” providing a platform for academics and industry professionals to discuss the opportunities and challenges presented by the strategic technology trends such as 5G (and 6G), Internet of Things and Industry 4.0.
The focus will be on the enabling communications technologies, including Machine Learning and use of AI as well as Massive MIMO antennas and wireless systems but will provide an opportunity for cross-discipline discussions with colleagues with interests in the topics related to communication engineering (listed below).
While established figures will be invited to share their understanding of emerging trends in this field, the event will provide an opportunity for Early Career Researchers to actively participate in discussions through various talks and a poster session. This will allow new thinking to emerge from the people who will have to solve these emerging problems in the future.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Wireless communication
- Next generation networks (5G/6G)
- Signal processing for communication
- Antennas and propagation modelling for 5G and beyond
- Massive MIMO ; phased arrays
- Millimeter wave (mm-Wave) and Terahertz (THz) communications
- Machine learning for communication and signal processing
- Network slicing and enabling technologies
- Internet of Things
- Satellite and space communication
- Green communication and networks
- Novel wearable and sensing technologies
- Wearable and Implantable communication
- Backscattered communication
- Image/speech/video processing
- Communication system security
What to Expect:
- Main parts of the SNTCE include: a keynote talk; oral presentations; a poster competition.
- Information about the talks, the speakers and their bios can be viewed by clicking the 'Talks & Speakers' at the top of this page.
- A detailed program will be available later, however, please note that the event will start at 10:00 AM and finish by 5:00 PM.
Registration is free but mandatory, and open to all the postgraduates, early career researchers, academics and industry professionals. Deadline for registration was 17 July 2018- now closed.
Register by clicking the following button.
Call for Abstracts (Poster Competition)
Abstract submission for Poster registration
- Use the ‘Poster Registration’ link above to register your interest in the poster competition by 17 July 2019 (now closed).
- You must provide your contact information as well as the Title and Abstract of your research.
- Further information about the poster competition will be sent to the authors of the accepted abstracts.
- Top three posters will be awarded with prize money of £100, £60 and £40, respectively.
Note: If you are interested in the Poster Competition and are submitting your abstract, you must also ensure to register for the symposium.
About the venue
The event will be held at: The University of Sheffield, 38 Mappin Street (First Floor, Work room 3 & 4), S1 4ET, SHEFFIELD, UK.
If you have any questions, please contact any of the following organising committee members.
Sajid M. Asif ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Rola Saad ( email@example.com)
Registration and Poster Competition
Aleksandra Zaitcev ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
PR and Marketing
1. David Tian ( email@example.com )
2- Sergio Alabarran (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Other committee members: Stephen Henthorn, Abd. Abdulmajid, Yin Lin, B. Barakali, and Raj Basu.